On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 03:23:43PM +0100, Iñaki García Etxebarria wrote:
>Hi again,
>
>> I just upgraded to CVS and my keyboard stopped working.
>I dug a little deeper, now I have the keyboard (mostly) working.
>I didn't realize at first, but the Xserver was printing to the console
>this (*), which I include at the end of the email. I edited
>lib/X11/xkb/compat/xfree86 and lib/X11/xkb/symbols/pc/pc appropiately
>and the error messages are gone now. There's still a bug somewhere
>though.

Those problems are caused by your installation not being complete.
The defintions for the unrecognised keysyms are in lib/X11/XKeysymDB,
so you need to update that file.

>The only problem remaining is that the "Alt Gr" characters in the
>spanish keyboard don't work. For those who don't know, there are some
>keys with three characters on them (2 " @ for example), and the third
>character is usually accessed by pressing a key labelled 'Alt Gr' and
>hitting the key. But doing that gives:

The mapping you should be seeing is this:

    key <AE02>  { [         2,   quotedbl,           at,    oneeighth ] };

(from pc/latin(type4), included from pc/es).

David
--
David Dawes
Release Engineer/Architect                      The XFree86 Project