On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, Laxman Vemury wrote:

>I tried Xconfigurator. Still does not work.
>Any help here will be appreciated.
>
>Thanks.
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just bought a new laptop (ECS G732) with
>> an ATI Mobility M9 Radeon 9000 card.
>> Installed Red Hat 7.3 on it. But i can't
>> get Xwindows running.
>>
>> Is there a driver that I need to install
>> that will help here. Any other settings
>> that I need to change?
>>
>> Really appreciate the wonderful help from this
>> forum.

The Radeon Mobility 9000 did not even exist when Red Hat Linux
7.3 was released.  The hardware came out just before, or just
after Red Hat Linux 8.0 was released.  ATI provided patches to
the XFree86 project to add support for this hardware, which
eventually went into CVS and is first supported now in XFree86
4.3.0 which was just released last week.

XFree86 4.3.0, which will be part of the next Red Hat Linux
release, and is currently part of Red Hat Linux (phoebe) beta
release, is required for support for this video hardware.

Hope this helps.

--
Mike A. Harris