The linux and XFree4 install was so I can run some 3D applications...but I
did not know that glide was so specifically aimed...the Real problem was
that I couldn't get the X server configured at all.  Right now I am
stuck with 16 bit color...(using generic VESA in Xconfigurator, which is
not as good as what I could get with the XFree86 version that came with
RH7.3!

{I installed the 4.3 version as no other version even lists the SiS300
chip...and it looks like 4.3 doesn't really support it either...)

Thanks for info on the .so (so's I am not a gonna worry (esp since no
system complaints!)

;)

mgolter