Hi,

I have just installed Gentoo GNU/Linux on my computer. I have installed
XFree86 version 4.30.0 When I try to start X with startx I get the
following error:
XIO: fatal IO error 104 (connection reset by peer) ......
just after it wrote:
Using config file: /etc/X11/XFree86

I then tried to run "X". Then it came to
Using config file: /etc/X11/XFree86

it said: Killed

I took a working configuration file from an identical computer running
4.1.0. I also tryed to generate a new configuration file with xf86config.

I have read several answers to similar questions on mailinglists but the
suggested approce didn't work, so any suggestions would be appriciated.

Regards,
Mike