Andrew Barr wrote:
I am having a problem using DRI on my SiS 630 based board. Everything seems OK...the X log says that DRI is enabled, the libGL.so.1.2 library supports DRI (checked by "strings libGL.so.1.2 | grep DRI" as per the DRI debug page: http://gatos.sourceforge.net/dri-debug.php), and the modified sisfb, X driver, and DRI driver are in place from the Linux & SiS VGA chipsets page (I am using XFree 4.2.1 on Mandrake 9), but every program, from Tuxracer, to glxgears, and even glxinfo, fall back on indirect rendering. I have gone through the steps available at this web site and all indications are that DRI should work. I have used to the page indicated above, and, again, even though it is geared towards ATI users it does include DRI info and it still does not work. If anyone has any additional steps I could take or just some wisdom in general it would be much appreciated. I have pretty much reached the end of the line as far as searching out my problem on Google...tips start to get redundant. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!!!

Unless someone can tell me I'm wrong, the SiS driver hasn't been maintained in a long time. It sounds like it's quite broken & should be turned off.

Keith