I am having recurring errors trying to configure my ATI 9000 Pro dual
head video card.  I have managed to apply the drivers from ATI's site
and have run fglrxconfig, but I get the following error when I try to
use the configuration created by it:

WW: fglrx:  No matching Device section instance (BusID, PCI:1:0:0) found
EE:  No devices detected

Before I installed the ATI drivers, I was having similar problems with
other drivers and other attempts at multihead configuration.

Why am I getting the missing data error and why isn't fglrxconfig
generating a usable XF86Config file?  I have tried all of the
configuration options in this tool, Big Desktop ... and the rest, and
none work.  The Dual Head option does not even prompt for the second
monitor.

Any and all tips and clues would be appreciated.

Paul