Frank Hrebabetzky wrote:
Ok. I attached two log files generated from a call of

'XFree86 -xf86config /root/XF86config.new':

- xfree_dri.log: the log generated with an unaltered /root/XF86config.new

- xfree_nodri.log: the log after commenting out 'Load "DRI"' in the Module
  section of /root/XF86config.new.

In any case, I get the gray, or better, the fine grained, black-and white
screen with the X shaped pointer (which works).

If you came that far (and the mouse cursor still moves if you move the mouse), this is no bug in the SiS driver.

Maybe your session startup script is skrewed? (ie no wm or other stuff ist getting started)

Thomas

--
Thomas Winischhofer
Vienna/Austria