Here are the results of fglrxinfo:

display: :0.0  screen: 0
OpenGL vendor string: VA Linux Systems, Inc.
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa GLX Indirect
OpenGL version string: 1.2 Mesa 3.4.2

Again, this is the problem I am having:

I have gone through all the procedures in the documentation to make sure
I have the right rpm package for my Red Hat 8.0 installation.  I install
the package using "rpm -i --force <package>".  I apply fglrxconfig to
generate a config file.  I try all four possible display configurations
and get "device not found" fatal errors on each one.  XFree86 will not
start up with the config file generated by fglrxconfig.

I am also finding that when I run lsmod, fglrx does not show up.  But,
when I insert it manually with "insmod fglrx", it makes no difference,
XFree86 fails with the same errors.

Any and all clues that help me successfully install these drivers would
be appreciated.

Paul