Mark Vojkovich wrote:
   My guess is that the SIS driver doesn't work well as a secondary
card (that is the one the bios didn't POST).

That might be true for that old version. Try the current one from www.winischhofer.net which works excellently if SiS cards are secondary. (Well, depending on a sane BIOS, that is. If the card can't be POSTed at all, the driver can't do much about it.)

   If you can change something in the motherboard bios to get the
SIS card to be the primary (the one the console comes up on), that
may help.

Also, you might want to see if you can get the SIS card to come up all by it self as the only card. Just as a sanity check to make sure it actually works with any drivers.

It doesn't look good though. Even that old driver recognized the card and could read all setup-data from the registers (memory, clock speed etc). This does not happen that way if there were POST problems.

The log entries about shared resources should not appear in any case. This points to a pci configuration problem.

Thomas

Mark.