Hi,

I've also been having problems with a trident card.  I have a thinkpad
with the TGUI 9320.

I first used X3 with SVGA, which worked.  X4.1 and X4.2 trident driver
would just hose the display(nothing SVGATextMode can't fix), but vesa worked
perfectly, 800x600 at 16bit.

I saw at
http://cvsweb.xfree86.org/cvsweb/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/trident/trident_dac.c
that Alan had made changes that might have fixed it, so I upgraded :)

X4.3 gave similar errors that jeronimo posted, I tried using a
defaultdepth of 8 like Alan said, which made X start.

Is it possible to get the trident driver to work using 16bit?

Is it even worth it? vesa works great visually, but I think if I could
get the trident driver working, it would be a lot faster.

cc replies.
--
-Justin