On Tue, 27 May 2003, Thomas Winischhofer wrote:

> Hans Korneder wrote:

> >>This _might_ be related to the O_SYNC bug discussed in the "Athlon
> >>related mystery" thread on the devel list, please read the archive at
> >>http://www.mail-archive.com/devel%40xfree86.org/

> >>(Don't let yourself be missguided by the thread name)

> > Thanks for the hint.
> > Removing O_SYNC when opening /dev/mem works for me,
> > at least on my specific processor/board combination.

> Interesting. What did Marc do then? (The O_SYNC stuff came from Egbert,
> if I'm not mistaken)

Right.  I slowed things down a bit by forcing the painting of the colour
key through the entire wrapped screen, rather than calling an XAA entry
directly.  This makes this part of Xv support independent of XAA (i.e.
Accel/NoAccel), banking, shadowing, etc.  Mind you, this slowdown isn't
much, given that if the video doesn't move, the colour key isn't
repainted.

The O_SYNC thing is an orthogonal issue.

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310           |
|  Computing and Network Services  |  fax:    1-780-492-1729           |
|  352 General Services Building   |  email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]          |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |                                   |
|  T6G 2H1                         |     Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  CANADA                          |                                   |