Unfortunately you may be pretty much on your own.
the Cirrus driver is pretty much unsupported as noone
who could support it has the HW.
If you find a solution please let us know.
The spikes and crackles usually appear when the memory bus
is congested.
Sometimes this can get fixed by reducing the pixel clock or
increasing the memory clock. Unfortunately there is support
for chaning the memory clock in this driver.
Setting the option PCI_Retry may also help however the cirrus
driver has no support for this.
We have a similar report about a Cirrus Laguna chip in
our bugzilla.

Egbert.