On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 21:28:27 -0500
Andy Goth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tuesday, June 24, 2003 2:40 pm, Case Jones wrote:
> > I've noticed that some websites cause my screen to flicker.  It seems
> > to have something to do with something in the image that is attached
> > to this email..  To reproduce the flickering, all I need to do is
> > open the png in full size and move it to the left edge of the screen, and
> > then my LCD will flicker violently.
> >
> > Does this image cause the same effect for anyone else here?
>
> GIMP-1.3 says it's a 1329x6 pixel image.  Is that really what you want?

That image contains the essential ingredients to make my screen flicker
every single time.  To use it, the entire image needs to be visible, and
I get the most flickering when the image is close to the left edge of the
screen.  The image came from a gimp windowshot of mozilla displaying a
company website, and I cropped it down until the resultant image was of
a reasonable size to send to the mailing list.  I tried it again right
now, and it still makes my LCD flicker.

Case