Hiya Alexander,

Your reply was unbelievably exacting! To the point, a clear understanding of my needs and a solution. Great job! But the docs were cut/pasted from the current Fink User's Guide the very same night I posted. Take a look! http://fink.sourceforge.net/doc/users-guide/packages.php#x11 I'd take your reply and work it into the Users Guide! It was so on the mark and would help alot of new users comin in!

Anyway, I have a working set up now but I think I'm going to try rootless 4.3 that you mention to check out compatibility with an array of audio devices. Will post the results for any other audio freeks out there besides me. Thanks again, A!!

brian egeness