Marc Aurele La France wrote:

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, Frank Tarczynski wrote:

Perhaps the problem occurs because 430HX_BRIDGE starts with a numeric?
Try changing it to BRIDGE_430HX.

No need to change it now. I've already built the server by just deleting
the "_" for those 2 #define's.

I'm afraid that's not good enough. I need to know why your pre-processor seems to be treating "_" in tokens specially. So far, it seems that it's because the token starts with a numeric. For portability reasons, I'd really prefer to nail down if that's that's the case.

OK, I've checked what the unixware 7.1.3 cc does. If the numeric portion is first: no good. If the BRIDGE is first, as in BRIDGE_430HX: it works.

cc reports itself as Optimizing C Compilation System (CCS) 4.1 10/31/02 (OU7.1.3bl11.1)

Frank

Do you have any experience with replacing Xsco?

Unfortunately I don't. But it sounds to me that Xsco uses non-standard means of determining whether or not another server is running.

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310           |
|  Computing and Network Services  |  fax:    1-780-492-1729           |
|  352 General Services Building   |  email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]          |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |                                   |
|  T6G 2H1                         |     Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  CANADA                          |                                   |