On Wednesday, July 16, 2003 10:42 am, Christian Convey wrote:
> Andy Goth wrote:
> > Guess I haven't been paying attention.
>
> OK, I'm cuting your pay for this help in half ;)

Crap!  I needed that extra $0!

> > That's not good...  Now that you're on the latest CVS, it would probably
> > be helpful if you shared the stack trace.  Include line numbers if you
> > can, and be sure to give the date on which you downloaded the latest
> > and/or greatest.
>
> Now that I downloaded it again this morning and am not using xfs, I
> don't crash (I followed your advice for going from xfs to simple
> directory lists.)

What happens if you re-add unix/:7100 to your font path list?  Put it at the
bottom, then the top, and then comment out all other entries, until you see a
crash.  Do this with and without xfs actually running.

That is, if you really want to pursue this.

> I guess the morals of the story are...
>
> 1. I'll try to give stack traces when this happens, and

Cool.

> 2. Maybe what's in CVS right now can't handle unfound font servers?  (I
> also noticed that it was saying the socket # to look for the font server
> on is -1.  Could that be the cause of the problem?)

xfs is supposed to listen on port 7100.

--
Andy Goth  |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  http://ioioio.net/
Engineers love to change things.