Hi,

I'm having a really weird XFree86 problem.  I'm using XFree 4.3 and running
on it Citrix ICA Version 7.0

The ICA client connects to a windows Citrix server.

If I open up a document in word through the ICAClient with a bitmap picture
the memory requirements of XFree86 seem to increase dramatically, but the
wfica process stays the same.  If I close the file the memory returns to
normal.

ie before document:
                     Memory
 1952 root       3612 S   XFree86 :1 -depth 16

after document:
                      Memory
 1952 root       4836 S   XFree86 :1

if I open up 12 documents the machine runs out of memory and closes down the
X server.  However, if I re-establish the connection to the server, which
restores the 5 documents, I can open up another 5 before the client runs out
of memory again, and so on and so it.

It only seems to be with certain documents as others seem to open up fine,
the ones that seem effected are ones with a scanned in signature which I
suspect is a BMP image embedded in the document.

I've tried limiting the XFree86 server by using the following switches but
it doesn't make any difference:

XFree86 :1 -depth 16 -ld 4096 -ls 1024

The client is 4.3.0.1, kernel version 2.4.20, ICA Client Version 7.0
Server is Metraframe XP Version 1, Features release 3, Service Pack 3

Ok, I'm stumped any help would be great.

Cheers

Miles