Williams, Victor writes:
 > My experience is that a LOT of things in XFree86 4.3.0 are either broke, or
 > not working at all.  A perfect example of this would be the RandR (resize
 > and rotate) support for every driver that previously supported it correctly
 > in 4.2.1.  As of 4.3.0, none of that works anymore.

This is BS.
RandR was not part of 4.2.1 therefore it could not have been working
there.

If there are a 'LOT' of things broken in 4.3.0 it is because people
don't bother to test before the release.
The mouse code has been around for a while before 4.3 was cut.
If people don't test they should have no reason to complain later.

 > I would suggest going back to 4.2.0 and patching to 4.2.1 and see if it
 > corrects your issues.  If so, use 4.2.x...it will be easier than trying to
 > diagnose all the problems with 4.3.0.

I've placed some information on mouse input driver problems on:

http://xfree86.linuxwiki.org/mouse_2fKnownIssues

Egbert.