By Hummingbird, you mean 'Reflections', ie an Xserver on a PC?

Its important to remember that the bit that displays everything, even though
its the remote end that you're sitting at, is the _server_.  The machine
hosting the xterm/openoffice/gnome session and sending it to you is the
_client_.

You shouldn't have any/many problems with that: start your Reflections
session, telnet in, export your display (export DISPLAY=<PC IP address>:0) and
run the appropriate Xclient.  If you're using another unix box instead of
reflections, dont forget to 'xhost + <suse host>' on it to allow the client to
use the display.

If you're feeling cheeky, run Xnest and start Gnome inside it, to get that
'computer in a window' feel ;)

-Oli