I keep getting about 50  to 60 e-mails a day from
people who have problems with setting up XFree on
their machines.

I presume you joined the [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list?

    I signed up for your newsletter, some how these
e-mails are being directed to me.

It's a mailing list. Whenever anybody sends a message to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]", the mailing list address, then everybody on the list gets it. It's an internet discussion and communication tool, an excellent one - but it can lead to quite a bit of email!

I use automatic filters to sort messages from the (many) mailing lists I'm on into specific mailboxes, so I never even see them in my inbox. I can then go over each list at my leasure. Most mail clients can do this, or if you're using an IMAP server (like me) you can have the server do it before you even download your mail.

I'm not aware of any XFree86 newsletter, and there doesn't seem to be an announce list (usually the closest thing to a newsletter that most open source projects have) for xfree86. What is the best way to stay up to date with developments in XFree86 w/o reading the lists? Anybody?

It strikes me that a note on the the [EMAIL PROTECTED] list page saying that traffic is moderate for a mailing list - you can expect up to 50 messages a day - might be an idea.

    If this continues I will have to block your site
on my e-mail.