The server won't work without them, so if it worked you must
have had them at some point.  It sounds like something deleted
them, and I have no idea what in RedHat would have done that.
Sounds like you need to reinstall XFree86.

   Do they show up anywhere?  Run

"locate libbitmap.a"
"locate libpcidata.a"

                        Mark.