On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 02:20:18PM +0200, Anand Buddhdev wrote:
> > Most fonts should be fixed by using the GNOME and KDE control panels.
> > Mozilla you can fix in "Edit->Preferences", choosing "Appearance" then
> > "fonts" in the dialog box and then increasing the font sizes shown
> > there. XMMS has a font option in the preferences. Most other apps will
> > use your GTK font settings as configured by GNOME.
>
> Well, I've tried this. In xmms, there is a font setting, but it only
> changes the size of the text in the playlist box, for example. The
> actual xmms window remains as small as ever, with *tiny* text and
> buttons, which makes it hard to click the right one.

XMMS, in particular, has a "Double size" switch, which doubles the size of
*everything*; my screen's only 8x6, but I run it that way anyway; yes, it's
sticky.

> Mozilla's font settings also seem to only affect the text it displays
> in web pages. However, mozilla's own menu and preferences box uses the
> same tiny fonts, that are very hard to read. So for example, the
> bookmarks menu item, or the toolbar has very small text.

Hmmm... on Windows, NS7's menus and such are only adjustable with the Font
Scale control; on Linux, I'd *suspect* there's something in one of the
prefs.js files you could twiddle, but I'm not sure what -- mozilla.org might
be a better place to look.

I smell a MiniHOWTO here... :-)

Cheers,
-- jra
--
Jay R. Ashworth                                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   OS X: Because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows
        -- Simon Slavin, on a.f.c