>===== Original Message From [EMAIL PROTECTED] =====
>I got the link to the sourceforge site for ATI mach64 cards off of Divx.com.
>Some guy claimed 'if you have older mach64 based graphics cards, I can help
>you.' Anyway, the link he supplied was to the GATOS page/project. It sounded
>me like it was supporting ATI graphics cards, although for linux. So I hit
the
>links, and ended up subscriping to XFree or whatever. Thought it was for ATI
>and Linux users. Am pretty confused as you can tell.

Yep, this is Linux Only, sorry.  Though I'm sure they'll be somebody here who
can point you in the right direction, if there is one.  Unfortunately, that
someone's not me!

>For clarity, I have an older ATI mach64(264vt2) graphics card on an OEM
>system with windows 95. ATI's support of their products suck, as the last
updated
>driver for this card was made the year I bought this computer new.(97). I was
>under the impression the GATOS project was a group of homebrews who made
>drivers for ATI cards past ATI's poor support.

Yeah, they are - for Linux, I'm afraid.  Thanks for the link though - didn't
know about this, looks like I might be able to get Xv working now :0)

>If anyone can clear things up for me. I'd be grateful. Speak slowly and
>clearly please, as I am a moron. Thank you.

You may find some joy on "driverguide.com" (standard login of 'drivers/all')
If not, try googling for the EXACT make/model of the card, as reported by your
current driver.  Make sure you put in in inverted commas, and maybe add +win95
as a searchterm.

Hope somebody else can give you a more positive response! :0)

-Oli