When I try it with the startx command, the screen flash and give me this output.

startx -- :1 -query sunbox

Yeah, it'll do that. "X -query host" is actually the correct usage, the guy who responded to your post misunderstood what you were trying to do.

In an XDMCP query like you're doing, you don't want any local programs trying to connect to the X server, it automatically gets a session from a remote host using an XDMCP request. So startx gets confused, and when all connections to the X server are rejected it probably kills the X server.

See if you have any luck with the suggestions I made in my last mail on this - check out the xdmcp setup on the sun box and make sure the networking is going ok. Of course, if you know that both of these are fine, and there's nothing in the logs on the sun box, that's pretty weird.

Craig Ringer