On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 02:14:49PM -0400, The Smiths wrote:
> I have just purchased a Radeon 9200 grahpics card and find that the
> XFree86 4.3 I have installed does not in fact have that card listed in
> the card database.  I understand from some research I have done on the
> XFree web sites though that it is in fact supported now!  Yippee!
>
> It is the RV280 engine, but will not configure via sax2 in my SuSE 8.2
> setup.  Just kicks out when it can't find the card.  I haven't seen any
> updates recently for SuSE binaries and could probably update things from
> XFree86 latest stable release, if I knew how!  :o)
>
> In looking over all that, it didn't quite make sense to me in the way I
> am familar with installing, building source files.  So here come the
> questions.
>
> Anyone running this card in SuSE or others with 4.3 presently?  Is 3D
> supported from XFree or do you need to use the ATI drivers for that?
>
> Are there new binaries for SuSE somewhere?  If not, how do you compile
> and install the newer stuff to use that card?

Hi Patrick,
Unfortunately, Radeon 9200 support is not included in the base XFree86 4.3.0
distribution. Adding it on is a job for various distributors - Debian and Red
Hat add it on, but apparently SuSE haven't.

I think your best bet would be to contact your distributor directly and ask them
to include Hui Yu's Radeon patchset; if they don't know where to get it, point
them at me.

Cheers!
:) d

--
Daniel Stone                                              <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.debian.org - http://www.kde.org - http://www.freedesktop.org