-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Hourihane [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, 5 September 2003 10:28 p.m.
To: Miles Roper
Cc: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'; bingjie bingjie;
[EMAIL PROTECTED]; Thinstation-Developer
(E-mail); 'Mark Vojkovich'
Subject: [Thinstation-general] Re: [Thinstation-developer] Re: [XFree86]
Out of Memory

You've removed all the other "Load" lines from your Module section and just
left the vnc.so there.

The 'Load "vnc"' line should be added to your EXISTING!! Module Section not
completely replaced.

That's your problem.

And as for the crashing, you've not read the release notes properly. The
.101 release requires you to put back the original video driver from
XFree86 4.3.0.

Alan.

On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 05:48:25PM +1200, Miles Roper wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> Could you have a look at this, I've been trying to work out a problem with
> Mark, but ran into a snitch with xf4vnc and would like your feedback.
>

> when I try a
>
> xdpyinfo
>
> it doesn't show the X_Resouce extenstion
>
> when I do a
>
> xdpyinfo -ext all
>
> it says
>
> XFree-VidModeExtention extention not supported by server
> SHAPE extention not supported by server
> SYNC extention not supported by server
> XFree86-DGA extention not supported by server
> XFree86-Misc extention not supported by server
> DOUBLE-DUFFER extention not supported by server
> RECORD extention not supported by server
> XINERAMA extention not supported by server
>
> now, I'm loading the vnc.so module which I've just found out is the reason
> all the above extenstions aren't working.  When I remove it they work.
I've