On Sat, 13 Sep 2003, Sammir Abdelmegid wrote:

>Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 22:00:55 -0400
>From: Sammir Abdelmegid <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: question regarding supported graphic drivers for linux rh9
>
>Hi, I don't know if you can help me, but I was reffered here.The
>ATI website doesn't offer any drivers for the radeon 7200. I am
>having problem with this card since it does not seem to be
>supported by linux redhat 9.

Radeon 7000/VE, 7200, 7500, 8500, 9000, 9100, 9500, 9700 are all
supported in Red Hat Linux 9, including the "Pro" variants of the
latter chips.  The Radeon 7200 has been supported in Red Hat
Linux since Red Hat Linux 7.0 several years ago.

All of the above cards are supported with dualhead if the model
is a dualhead model.  All of the above cards are also supported
with 3D except for the 9500 and 9700.

I'm not sure where you've got your information that the Radeon
7200 is not supported by Red Hat Linux 9, as it's been supported
out of the box in every OS release including version 9 for about
3.5 years.  This card is the original Radeon card, and was
previously known under different marketing names when it was
originally released "Radeon 32SDR/DDR" and "Radeon 64SDR/DDR".
Another variant of this card is the "Radeon LE", which is also
supported, and will be detected as a Radeon 7200 also, as it has
the same PCI device ID.

>I have read that you have to download a newer version of the x
>server...

You heard very wrong.

>I was wondering if you could give me any information on how to
>fix my problem...any links or websites would be more than
>welcome. thank you

We have no idea what your problem is.  All you've stated, is that
Radeon 7200 is not supported by Red Hat Linux 9, and that is
false, as I have 2 machines running Red Hat Linux 9 beside me,
with Radeon 7200 hardware in them, working flawlessly, and using
the stock drivers that come with Red Hat Linux 9.

Supply more information and perhaps someone can help you.

--
Mike A. Harris