Hi!

Take away       Option      "CorePointer" from the mouse0input
sectction.
And change this line    Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0 to Screen "Screen0"
0 0

Is it a scrollmouse?
If yes:
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol"  "IMPS/2"
                Option      "Buttons"      "5"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/psaux"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons"  "true"
        Option      "ZAxisMapping"     "4 5"
EndSection

If no:
Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol"  "PS/2"
                Option      "Buttons"      "3" # number of buttons
        Option      "Device" "/dev/psaux"
        Option      "Emulate3Buttons"  "false" # If only 2 buttons true,
if 3 buttons false
EndSection

You could also try the savage module for XFree instead of the vesa
module.

Change Driver "savage" in the device section for Card0.

also run 'lspci' and see what the pciid is for you card.

I hope this can help!

Svein Erik

>>> Richard F Freund <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 18/09 7:42  >>>
XFree Folks,

I am currenlyt having some X-based mouse problems.  Svein Erik Kro
had a couple preliminary suggestions, but reminded me that I should
send the relevant files (which are now attached).

To recap:

a. I have been using 4.3 with Debian Woody for months now without
any problems.

b. A few days ago, I started to have two problems:
 - my color depth was only 8 bits, so I added an Option to the
config file to specify 16 as default and this solved that problem
 - mouse problems.  Depending on various settings in the InputDevice
section, my mouse either does not respond or is super-accelerated.  In
either case, it is unusable.

The settings I have in the attached config file cause the
superaccelerated
mouse (also constantly opening/closing menus/panels).

Besides the two attached files, you need to know that I have a soft
link
/dev/mouse -> dev/psaux

One other thing, xset q reports 'unable to open display'.

Your comments greatly appreciated.

Thx,

Richard