On Thu, 16 Oct 2003, Mike Heald [OLIIS] wrote:

> I'm in the process of choosing a multiheaded card to use with
> X4.3.  I'm using 2 crt monitors, would like accelleration on
> both heads.

ATI Radeon (but not the very newest ones). You'll need a recent
version of XFree86, ideally from the DRI tree, and then you can
use the MergedFB patch for the ati driver (search xfree86
bugzilla for mergedfb) to provide acceleration on both heads. It
works very well here for me with a Radeon 9000.

Alternatively, I believe ATI's closed source driver supports
this mode of operation with even the most recent cards - but I
have no experience of using that.

--
Bill Gallafent.