Jerre Cope wrote:
I am using Slackware 9.1 to connect to and old SCO Unixware box as a kind of thin client. The X on the UnixWare server is too old to understand the sshd X11 forwarding, and I need to be able to access the Old box with Old thin clients.
( I have alot of reasons to need host access, when they all die--I'll use ssh)

I need to able to:
xhost +unixware
telnet unixware
DISPLAY=slackware:0
xterm

Thanks.

Unixware:
cat >> .rhosts
slackware
^D

Slackware:
xhost +unixware
rsh unixware xterm -display `host $HOSTNAME | awk '{print $4}'`:0

To get rid of "xhost +unixware", try something like this:
xauth nlist "${HOST}:0" | rsh unixware /usr/X11R6/bin/xauth -v nmerge -
Google xauth.

Regards, Bob
--
 Bob Marcan                     mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Aster^H^H...HermesPlus^H^H^H...S&T