The 9200SE cards seem to have some bandwidth issues driving large DVI
displays.  There are some options you can try to improve the situation:
Option "DisplayPriority" "string"
where string is high, auto, or bios
and
Option "MonitorLayout" "tmds, none"
if you only have the dvi monitor attached. "tmds, crt" if you have both
attached.

For more info see the radeon man page:
http://www.botchco.com/alex/radeon/mergedfb/cvs/DRI/final/radeon.4.html

Another thing you might try is driving the DVI at a lower refresh rate,
say 56 hz.

Alex

------------------------------

I recently bought a Radeon 9800 SE based card made by PowerColor (model
r92le-c3s, box makred with a "SE" sticker) and a Viewsonic VX2000 LCD
monitor and I can't get the DVI port to work well.  I'm running RedHat
9
and with the X driver included with it and the chip id overridden to
just about any known radeon card, I get no picture at all on the DVI
port (though the X logs indicate that it found the monitor).  Searching
the mailing list archives on various places indicated that the 9200
card
is not quite compatible with other radeons, so I pulled down the
current
XFree86 tree (as of midday 11/9) and built X from scratch.  Running the
resulting X server produces a image on the DVI port if I have only the
DVI port connected, but either the image quality is horrible (closest
approximation would be a tv screen with lots of "snow") or the picture
does not appear at all.  Oddly enough, if I plug the analog port in,
the
analog picture is fine (sans some visible ringing in the signal).  The
monitor and card work fine in Windows XP, so I know that both parts are
properly connected and configured.

Attached are the XFree86.0.log file and my XF86Config file.

Thanks for any information.

-Roger