Hi there,

I bought an Acer Aspire 1353LM a month ago and I have installed MDK 9.1.
The graphic card is a S3ProSavage8 8ÃAGP. MDK uses the vesa driver for
it, that works fine, excepting some flickering when watching dvds with
mplayer (or any dvd player).

I wanted to install the proper driver (the one from Tim Roberts), but it
didn't work. Tim told me that the chipset is actually a CastleRock one
and that the 4.4 version of the XFree86 will support it. Is there no way
to have a driver for the 4.3 version? (I have been using Linux for less
than a month and upgrading XFree86 won't be an easy task.)

Many thanks for your excellent work,

Pablo