Quoth Rakesh Raghunathan:

>  I have installed the Redhat Linux version 9.0 hardly two weeks ago. My
> problem is that now I could not start my XServer. For that reason I
> could not get into the GUI. As I am not comfortable with the text mode,
> I request you to suggest a solution to the problem. The error log is
> attached herewith.  Waiting for your reply

(EE) Failed to load module "bitmap" (module does not exist, 0)
(EE) Failed to load module "pcidata" (module does not exist, 0)

These two lines tell you that the required modules have been deleted
somehow.  They should be in
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libpcidata.a and
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/fonts/libbitmap.a

Probably the easiest fix is re-install X.

cheers
chris

|  TELESCOPE, n.                                                        |
|  A device having a relation to the eye similar to that of the         |
|  telephone to the ear, enabling distant objects to plague us with a   |
|  multitude of needless details. Luckily it is unprovided with a bell  |
|  summoning us to the sacrifice.                                       |
|                 -- Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"           |