Quoth Christophe Goze-Bac:

> Dear Christopher
> I add the memory size but the problem remains
>
> shit !  Where to find such information ?
>

>From your log file:
(II) I810(0): VESA VBE Total Mem: 12288 kB
(II) I810(0): BIOS now sees 12288 kB VideoRAM
(==) I810(0): VideoRAM: 32768 kByte

What is the value you give to 855patch? And what is the value in your
XF86Config file.  The amount you specify in the XF86Config VideoRam line
must be *smaller* than the amount you give to 855patch.

The patch reserves the memory.  The VideoRam tell the xserver how much to
use. If the server tries to use memory that isn't reserved for it, Bad
Things(tm) can happen.

cheers
chris