So you can get everything you want, LCD or external CRT at boot time!

With current version of XFree86 you can't switch from LCD to CRT like on
Windows. There are some workarounds for specific videocards: for Radeon
you need two XFree config files and you still can't switch within X, for
intel I810 you can switch http://vorlon.ces.cwru.edu/~ames/i810switch/
by software.

On DRI-devel mailing lists they told me that latest version on CVS
allows you to access the driver and therefore you could modify the video
card online, but nothing is currently done.

You could have a look at a commercial X software (Xaccel) if they
provide something for your video card and if it works (free trial is
available). Xaccel links CTL-ALT-TAB for switching (as far as I
remember) which is more general than your FN_F5. But anyway linking the
facility to FN_F5 is probably easier and you could have a look at
http://nemadema.cz/acer/ where they discuss, among other things, how to
implement Function Key on you Acer.
Cheers,
Nicolas

Le lun 23/02/2004 Ã 10:40, [EMAIL PROTECTED] a Ãcrit :