[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Quoting Mark Vojkovich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

After kernel upgrade X windows won't work can anyone please give me

pointer.

Looks to me like you have no mouse support in your new kernel. Ie. you have no /dev/psaux or /dev/mouse according to the log files.

Mark.

XXXXXXXXXXX snipped here to save bandwidth XXXXXXXXXXX

Can anyone tell me where I might find these files?
/dev/psaux
/dev/mouse
I am new to this and I did not compile the new kernel I used RPM
but I did not have any unresolved dependency issues in fact no
errors at all until Xfree would not work.

(II)Load Module "Mouse"
(II)Loading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/input/mouse_drv.o

Are these the actual drivers or just pointers?
The /proc_modules file from a 2.6 session;
is there a Mouse module?

Same problem. I'm using kernel 2.6.3 from Rawhide SRPM on RH9. It is distributed with CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_PSAUX disabled. Enable it and rebuild.

Regards, Bob
--
 Bob Marcan                     mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Aster^H^H...HermesPlus^H^H^H...S&T