Hi,

How can I calculate how much memory my frame buffer + Xv will need or
actually use?

I have a dual head setup on a Radeon Mobility 7500, 16 Mb memory. In my
normal setup I have a panel running [EMAIL PROTECTED] and a TFT monitor
running [EMAIL PROTECTED] This would imply it needs
1400x1050x4 + 1024x768x4 bytes of memory (+ some overhead), which is
approx. 8.8 Mb. I can do all stuff with xv on screen #1, but Xv on
screen #0 (the 1400x1050 one) fails with BadAlloc when requesting Xv for
resolutions over approx 200x100.

I don't understand that, where does all that memory go?

I'd like to solve this by disabling Xv on screen #1, but I can't see
how.

I configured screen #1 for 16 bpp, but that didn't help. Now I
configured screen #0 for 16 bpp as well, and that works, but I don't
like that ;-)

BTW I don't use DRI/DRM at all.