On Friday 23 April 2004 18:29, Michael Taylor wrote:
> You are correct, the lack of direct rendering is the likely cause of the
> slow down. Is there any later messages about it being disabled, also check
> /var/log/messages for issues with AGP GART and the radeon DRI kernel
> module. I assume that lsmod shows radeon and agpgart are both loaded.

lsmod:
radeon                111392   1
agpgart                38656   3  (autoclean)

Nothing in the XFree86.0.log about agp or dri, other than dri having been
enabled, and nothing in /var/log/messages either. :( I can imagine dri not
being enabled in 3D as 3D itself is disabled, but it appears to be available
for 2D. Is there a 2D status program as well to get an idea of what's
available?

Also: if I use xmame in windowed mode i.s.o. DGA or xv mode it works on the
proper speed. xmame in SDL mode fullscreen also works at the proper speed.

Regards,

Pieter Hulshoff