On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, John Watts wrote:

+ VERSION:
+ + 4.4.0
+ + + REPORT:
+ + /usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xos.h:93:20: string.h: No such file or directory
+ + I've downloaded and installed the programmer support
+ + Checking for optional components to install ...
+ Do you want to install Xprog.tgz (programmer support)? (y/n) [y] y
+ == Extracting /cygdrive/c/data/zipfiles/XFREE86/Xprog.tgz ==
+ + string.h is nowhere under /usr
+ + bash-2.05b$ find /usr -name string.h
+ bash-2.05b$

/usr/include/string.h
/usr/include/bits/string.h
/usr/include/linux/string.h

Your compiler is likely not setup correctly. /usr/include is a basic path that they all check nowdays, I belive. Anyway, if not, -I<path> will point GCC towards where its stored. Likely, you've got several. Different programs require different ones. If it's written like this:
#include <string.h> then it likey wants the first one. It's part of your C library.

--- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) @ 0 (0) ---
+++ killed by SIGSEGV +++