On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, ASIF IQBAL wrote:
On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 Marc Aurele La France wrote :
On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, ASIF IQBAL wrote:

On further debugging I identifed that the last scanned PCI device was "ATI Technologies Inc Rage XL" which is our display card and its tag is 0x1009800. Please refer the following log details of tag numbers and the PCI device details got from the /varlog/XFree86.log.

Following is the scanpci command output for exiting when idx = 10 (my hack to stop scanning PCI).

This isn't quite what I need to know. For this test, please undo your "hack" (which I assume is in Pci.c). Then

        cd xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/bus
        rm -f Pci.o
        makeg EXTRA_DEFINES=-DDEBUGPCI Pci.o
        cd ../
        make
        cd ../etc
        make scanpci
        sync;sync;sync
        ./scanpci

I need to know the last line `scanpci` (as build above) produces before it crashes the system.

Attatched is the complete log file got during the execution of "scanpci" command. Sorry for bothering too much.

This file is incomplete. It has been truncated by the fsck that results after the system crashed.

I need to know the last line you see WITH YOUR EYES when you run the specially compiled `scanpci`. In fact it would be better if you ran it from a remote root login into the machine.

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310           |
|  Computing and Network Services  |  fax:    1-780-492-1729           |
|  352 General Services Building   |  email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]          |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |                                   |
|  T6G 2H1                         |     Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  CANADA                          |                                   |