ASIF IQBAL wrote:
When I ran Xsun. I had issue with Key board. I have Type 6 USB keyboard (Layout 33). I didn't face any issue with keyboard during XFree86. I have gone through the sunKbd.c and sunKbdMap.c. The support for Type 6 is not available. Where can I get the driver for the same. I have attemped to simulate the Type 4 Keyboard and tried to proceed further with Xsun whcih resulted in the following error.

If it's a Type 6 with a Sun keyboard connector, then it's identical to a Type 5 as far as any software is concerned. If it's a USB Type 6, then the driver is the same, just the key codes are different.

And what is the diffrence between XFree86 and Xsun?

Xsun is based on the old MIT/X.org sources that XFree86 originally sprung from, but their paths have diverged greatly in the decade plus since they both got started. Xsun has spent that time getting modified explicitly for Solaris and Sun graphics cards and contains many things for those that XFree86 does not have (and many of which wouldn't be that useful to most XFree86 users). XFree86 has gone the other direction, greatly expanding the platforms and devices it supports.

--
        -Alan Coopersmith-           [EMAIL PROTECTED]