Hello,

I am working with 2.4.20-1 kernel - Red Hat 7.3 . I recently migrated to
2.6.13-1, but encountered the following problem with XServer crashing at
start-up.

The entire log file is attached. The final lines of the log are

"
(II) I810(0): Monitor name: COMPAQ S710
(--) I810(0): Chipset: "i815"
(--) I810(0): Linear framebuffer at 0x44000000
(--) I810(0): IO registers at addr 0x40300000
(EE) GARTInit: Unable to open /dev/agpgart (No such device)
(EE) I810(0): AGP GART support is not available.  Make sure your kernel has
        agpgart support or that the agpgart kernel module is loaded.
(II) UnloadModule: "i810"
(II) UnloadModule: "ddc"
(II) Unloading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libddc.a
(II) UnloadModule: "int10"
(II) Unloading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/linux/libint10.a
(II) UnloadModule: "vbe"
(II) Unloading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libvbe.a
(II) UnloadModule: "vgahw"
(II) Unloading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libvgahw.a
(EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.

Fatal server error:
no screens found
"

Please suggest the possible soultions to the problem.

Thanks and Regards,
Umang Saini
Programmer Analyst,
MindTree Consulting Pvt. Ltd.
Bangalore, India.

Disclaimer

"This message(including attachment if any)is confidential and may be
privileged.Before opening attachments please check them
for viruses and defects.MindTree Consulting Private Limited (MindTree)will not
be responsible for any viruses or defects or
any forwarded attachments emanating either from within MindTree or outside.If
you have received this message by mistake please notify the sender by return
e-mail and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized use or
dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.
Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change and MindTree shall not be
liable for any improper, untimely or incomplete transmission."