On Mon, 24 Jul 2006, Selvakumar Balasubramani wrote:
On Sun, 23 Jul 2006, Marc Aurele La France wrote:
On Tue, 18 Jul 2006, Selvakumar Balasubramani wrote:

I have a PC installed with XFree86 version 3.3.5. The installation does not include XIE (X Image Extension).

It should.

Currently, I am in need to update the existing X installation to include XIE.
And, I need to do it without deleting the existing X installation.
Is it possible to do it by modifiying XF86Config file or is there any other way to do it?

Please read the XF86Config man page you currently have installed.

Please find attached the XF86Config file of my current installation.

The man page I directed you to seems clear enough:

       The  Module  section is used to specify which dynamic mod-
       ules should be loaded.  At  present  dynamic  modules  are
       only  used  for  XInput devices, and are only supported on
       some systems (currently Linux ELF, FreeBSD 2.x and  NetBSD
       1.x).  The entry available for this section is:

       Load "module"
               This  instructs  the  server to load "module".  If
               the module is not specified with a full  pathname,
               the  directories  specified  in the ModulePath are
               searched.  Modules are currently available to sup-
               port  extended  input devices.  The names of these
               are:

                    xf86Elo.so
                    xf86MuTouch.so
                    xf86Jstk.so
                    xf86Wacom.so
                    xf86Summa.so
                    xf86AceCad.so
                    xf86Calcomp.so
                    xf86Dial.so

               The PEX and XIE extension are also be available as
               modules on some systems. The names for these are:

                    pex5.so
                    xie.so

               For    an    up-to-date    listing,    check    in
               <XRoot>/lib/modules.

Marc.

|  Marc Aurele La France           |  work:   1-780-492-9310           |
|  Academic Information and        |  fax:    1-780-492-1729           |
|    Communications Technologies   |  email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]          |
|  352 General Services Building   +-----------------------------------+
|  University of Alberta           |                                   |
|  Edmonton, Alberta               |     Standard disclaimers apply    |
|  T6G 2H1                         |                                   |
|  CANADA                          |                                   |