Is there a setting to lock out an IP address after a number of consecutive
failed logins?

Someone was trying to guess passwords on my server last week
(unsuccessfully). When I went through the logs I saw 150 attempts in about a
1 minute time span to guess the passwords. It tried 10 different common
account names each with 15 common passwords. I saw this by going through my
POP3 logs.

What I'm looking for is a way to block logins from an ip that has issued
more than say 5 failed logins in a row - even if they were 5 attempts at
different accounts. It would be great if it could have a time period set on
it too - so it just disabled it for 15 minutes for example.

-Seth