| 1) host the configure the M$ SMTP service to drop files=20
| inside spool/local

It's not about MS SMTP service, see last response.

| 2) the SMTP service will create the file directly inside=20
| spool/local and this will break the protocol

I don't understand?!?!

| IMO there're 2000 ways to send messages in any high level=20
| language, pls pick a "sane" one.

The main problem is, so there is lot of third-party programs, which are
generating messages in this format. It's hardcoded there and their =
authors
probably does not even know that something like XMail exists.

As I said, there is a way how to do it programatically - the program is
simple. But it's deployment not. If it should be really online, I must =
write
it as service (daemon) and it must be installed and configured. Or I can
write it as commandline program, but then I must setup some scheduling, =
ie.
every 5 minutes. But then message delivery would be delayed and also =
there
is lot of work for administrator.

Therefore, if the task is so simple, as changing the way of processing =
first
few lines of file, and the workaround is need to write and maintain =
separate
service, then I think so the better way is do it on server.

-- Altair