| - 1 frozen message stuff (I have the 2.x version still in=20
| place to manage those)

I have XMail setup that it will discard frozen messages automatically,
because it's everything I am doing with 99% of frozen messages. But I'll =
put
it to my queue.

| - 2 list management?

WAI already allows list management that way as XMail itself. I'll maybe
wrote better version of SLIM list server one day. See #4.

| - 3 spam management features

Good idea, wait for next version.

| - 4 mailproc related stuff (ability to create system wide=20
| filters and let users decide on whether to use them)

This is the main problem I am solving now. So, I'll ask you what do you
think to be best. Currently, XMail-WAI does not care about what is done =
with
message after it arrives (with one exception, it allows to define =
forwarding
in mailproc.tab). Here are two different ways I can go:

1. Manage the user mailproc.tab some way. This has limited features (ie. =
can't modify or discard the message) and is complicated. Because =
allowing
users to manage their mailproc.tab completely would be security hole
(allowing to run arbitrary programs), I must wrote something, that would
limit them - list of allowed commands, their management etc. I would =
have to
manage it somewhere outside the xmail and synchronize with xmail, which =
can
lead to problems (see old version WAI's documentation, where this is
described).

2. Completely bypass the XMail mailproc etc. architecture and write my =
own.
Write filter, which would run for every incoming message, would manage =
its
own configuration (probably in form of XML file) and do everything on =
its
own. It would be easier to implement to WAI, but it will cause every =
message
to be processed trough this filter.

What way do you think to be the best?

-- Michal Altair Valasek
   Altair Communications - web hosting, web design, application =
development
__
http://[EMAIL PROTECTED] | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | PGP 0xC4F3579D | Tel.: +420 603 828 =
493

I've been wrestling with reality most of my life.=20
I'm pleased to say that I've won.=20