At 14:56 7/28/2003, Kenneth Mogensen wrote:
>Why i want to do this, is because i have to recreate about 5000 users =
>email addresses, and i still want them to receive mail from there old =
>addresses, both the username and domain portion is altered.

I'm assuming you have a list of the old addresses and the new addresses?
And that the same mail server is handling both the old and new domains? If
so, why not simply establish aliases for the old addresses?

Assuming the old domain is foo.bar and the new domain is bar.net, and that
one of the old addresses is schmoo and the corresponding new address is
JoeSchmoo, then an alias of:

"foo.bar"       "schmoo"        "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

will work. (I tested it locally using two locally handled domains...)

Note - it's probably easier to set this up by editing the aliases.tab file
directly, since you have so many. Remember that between each quoted string
must be a TAB character (not spaces), and that you must stop and restart
XMail if you edit this file, since it's an indexed file.