|Yes would be great function, if you think of Sobig and that=20
|'virus detected' messages.

Yes, I am. Being spammed by them, I am writing new version of my FLAVS
filter. I cannot silently discard messages (because I am not sure if its
virus or not, I am checking only content-type and file names), but I =
want to
cause as less problems as possible.

| And i think the SMTP protcol allows it that the=20
|server says 'no'
|to the mail after the data command and the '.' - am i right?

Yes, you are - this is the place where SMTP server should handle things =
like
"message too big" or "mailbox full". The main problem is that you must =
keep
open TCP connection, while filter(s) are executing, which may - for
long-time running filters and systems under heavy load - cause problems. =
But
I think that it should be a option.

Now we can see, that antivirus and such systems can cause the same, =
maybe
even bigger problems as the virus itself: it's easy to handle viruses, =
not
thousands of technicaly legitimate NDR's they cause. So I am trying to =
write
and configure everything in my jurisdiction to behave well and not cause
unnecessary problems and load.