Hello,

|One thing overlooked is, viruses are not sent by properly=20
|designed MTA'a
|or MUA's, they are a basic SMTP engine designed to send, it will send
|again regardless of error received.  If your AV filter knows to simply
|discard infected messages from forging viruses, or all viruses, most
|people ignore infection notifications, or have no clue what they are
|being told (they already don't know how to install and maintain an AV
|program, much less react to an infection).

The problem is that I'm not writing antivirus, but content filter.
Therefore, I'll reject all "*.exe" (etc.), withount even trying to =
examine
their content. Therefore, I can't simply blackhole the mail, withount =
any
notice.

If the message is sent by virus, SMTP error is even better -- the virus =
SMTP
engine would not try to react to error, okay. When I'll send new error
message, It will reach the forged sender of message.

-- Altair