Thanks for ripMIME.  It got me one more step forward.  I now have XAV
detecting the virus (reporting so in the log file), but XMail is still
letting the file continue on its way.  I'm wondering if my XAV script is
the newest available.  The one I have was last updated on 16Oct2003 by D.
Olivier.  I've added several debug statements to capture system calls and
errorlevel return codes, but nothing besides that so far.

What AV scanners are people typically using?  Is the ClamAV one fairly
robust / workable for Win32 (XMail 1.17 / Windows 2000).

Thanks,

... Jason Badry